TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem - fixed!

To: tentec@contesting.com, wb5jnc@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem - fixed!
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:11:07 -0800 (PST)
Al,

I dont think so - there may be more to it than that because the existing
arrangement assumes mirror devices in the transceiver and the external PTO for
dual receive, etc.

I connected my transceiver direct to the DDS, not going through the back panel
at all - with internal split operation I decided I don't need dual receive.

There are definate trade offs, going DDS versus stock including the fact that
your radio is no longer stock. However having catered  to the stock arrangement
and that fussy PTO over the years - harware limitations, the nd result was a
clear net gain (for me).

73,
Don