TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 09:36:36 -0500
Totally two different radios in most all aspects. I have both. I would not trade one for the other. In other words, the Eagle won't do what the Omni VII does nor will the Omni VII do what the Eagle does.

Define your objective and then choose one radio and accept the fact, this is what the radio of choice does. If the radio does not do what you expect or need then one has made a bad choice.

If you want a radio with a small footprint then the Eagle is the choice
If you want a radio for mobile/ portable operation the Eagle is the choice.
If you want a radio with a large display, the Omni VII is the choice.
If you want a radio with a faster ATU the Omni VII is the choice.
If you want a radio with a band sweep, the Omni VII is the choice.
If you want a radio with a single level menu the Omni VII is the choice.
If you want a radio with a better receiver the Eagle is the choice.
If you want a radio with two ANT ports the Omni VII is the choice.
If you want a radio that communicates via USB, the Eagle is the choice.

I could go on with some 100 lines or such. But I think one gets the message.

They are two different radios.  There is no "one" radio for everybody.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Pennebaker" <n4rs@iamotelephone.com>