TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+
From: W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net (L. L. Lamb)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:35:23 -0400
Hi Troops,

        This may have been covered on the reflector in the past, and while I
read
them all, it may have gone over my head.  My OMNI is about 1.5 years old
and while I don't love it...I like it a lot, hi.

        I have not called TT, but thought I would give the TT troops (TTT) a
shot
first!

        My OMNI VI+ every few seconds on 20 SSB sounds like someone touches a
coil
or xtal for a fraction of a second.  Sounds like a frequency shift for that
time, which is very short.  I may hear it, although not as often or it is
masked by QRM, on 75 meters.  If it occurs on others bands, I've not
noticed it. Doesn't appear to happen while transmitting.

        Any ideas?

Thanks....

Lynn, W4NL