TenTec

[TenTec] Omni Vi poor keyer?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Vi poor keyer?
From: pito@nera.no (Piotr Tomczak)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 09:09:53 +0100
Well...There are some fanatics for and some fanatics against....

I have looked at both drift and keying. The drift is not a case, it happens
first minutes but it is not a problem after a while.

The keying is in another situation. If you look at the ociloscope it looks
perfect. If you hear to it is not so obviouse. I must addmit it is a little
tricky.

I have heard mine OmniVI on a scond radio (TR7). It sound OK, no chrip no
click no brum, but as someone said it is something in the signal. It is
very good
but sounds different. If It is for better or worse I can not tell.

I have heard yesterday W1AW on 20m , at 8 UTC and they were 569 here.
the signal was good but you could tel that it can be a TenTec.

I did talk to a YV1 station on 20m and  I noticed the same thing.

This morning I run a Phil from VA KT2Y (if i remember right) on 40m
and he had a TenTec OmniVI as well. He was 599+10dB at max.
His signal was very good. Could not tell it was a TenTec.

As long there are no clic, chrip, brumm I am satisfied.

Best regards
Piotr LA9HFA
   \\\@///
     ·    ·
Piotr Tomczak           Ham call: la9hfa
Nera ASA                  Tel: +47 6724 3135    Fax: +47 6724 4445
1361 Billingstad         E-mail job:        pito@satcom.nera.no
Norway                      E-mail home:    la9hfa@qsl.net