TenTec

[TenTec] New Ten-Tec kit! It's here!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Ten-Tec kit! It's here!
From: bdhall@ghg.net (Benjamin D. Hall)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:25:04 -0500
At 08:15 AM 1997/10/17 -0400, Scott Rosenfeld [NF3I] wrote:
>Can you say Drake SW8?  Radio Shack DX-394?  Lowe HF-150?
>A general coverage, synthesized, AM/CW/SSB receiver kit.
>$195.  Page 155 of the Nov. QST.
>There.  I blew the lid off it.

HHHMMMNNN!!!  Very temping, especially for under $200 and being a kit.
Anyone had an opportunity to build and try one out yet?

I'm a boatanchor collector/operator myself, but have been eyeing the
Ten-Tec 2M transceiver kit and now this kit as a backup and camping radio...

Thanks and 73 y'all,
Ben
---
Benjamin D. Hall, KD5BYB, Engine and radio collector / operator
extraordinaire.  Located in Houston, Texas, USA.
e-mail:  BDHall@ghg.net  web:http://www.ghgcorp.com/bdhall