TenTec

[TenTec] INFO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INFO
From: talbot@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu (George Arthur Talbot)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:20:49 +1200 (KST)
Joe and all the Ten-Techies,

At 08:27 PM 9/18/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I realize that this has nothing to do with ten tec, however a lot of
>talk regarding qrp goes on here and I like QRP. For those who
>inadvertently bought an SGC 2020,  the reason you cant get adequate
>audio out of the rear audio jack is because the Manufacturer used a
>STEREO jack and when when a mono male plug is used it shorts out the
>audio. <snip>

Ten Tec deals with this problem by inserting a 100 ohm resister in both
left and right 'channels' of the audio jack. This does two things. It
reduces the volume to the headphones to make a more comfortable level. It
also makes the jack stereo/mono compatible. I installed a stereo jack in my
early Paragon I with these resistors when I upgraded the mono jack. Later
Paragons come with this as standard.

How about the Omni's?

For what it's worth,

George V73GT