TenTec

[TenTec] Omni Body Temperature?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Body Temperature?
From: wc7m@vcn.com (W7CW Jay E Ostrem)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:38:04 +0100
Hi Jim,    My 6+ also seems warm. I noticed the "hot electronics smell" a
few months after I bought it.  I popped the cover, and the only hot spot I
found was a partition in the center of the bottom chassis.  It acts as  a
heat sink for a 5 volt regulator, and does get toasty.  I called the
factory and they didn't seem too concerned, but they did say send it in if
I wanted to under warranty.  Needless to say, "if it aint broke, don't fix
it" so I didn't send it in!

73 Jay W7CW

>   Hi all,
>
>Just quick query.  Is it normal for both the power supply
>case and OmniVI+ plus case to become very warm,
>even when just sitting for a few hours in listen only
>mode?  Seems much hotter than my former foreign
>transceivers.  Maybe I should fix up an external blower
>for each;  I could hear the fan cycling on/off in my
>former FT-1000.
>
>73,  Jim,  KH7M

                              73 Jay W7CW

                                 1AB Ranch