TenTec

[TenTec] question on filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] question on filters
From: whowell@hq.nasa.gov (Scott Howell)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 08:01:10 -0500
I have a question on filters in my Omni V. I have a 1.8 in the first if,
500 and 250 in the second.
What performance increase would I get if I were to take the 1.8 out of the
first if and replace with a 500 or take the 1.8 replace with 500 and put
1.8 in the second if or just remove the first 1.8 and put 500 in thus
leaving the 500 and 250 in the second if.
Now here's the other question. Being as I cant' see the rigs guts so am not
100% certain, but I think its possible the 1.8 is in the second if and the
500 in the first. If I were to open the bottom of my rig and have my Xyl
look, how could I determine which filter is in which if. I know as you look
at the front pannel, the row of buttons for the filters, there's one on the
very right which I believe kicks in the 1.8. Is that button affect the
first if or what.

tnx for any info.

73 de Scott/n3byy
Fists #5030

Btw, is there any other things I can do to beef up this already incredible
rcvr?