TenTec

Re: [TenTec] What version?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What version?
From: Tod Glenn <n7wd@cordite.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:27:35 -0600
On Jul 18, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Bob Cunnings wrote:

> I'm using 2.056, runtime stability was paramount for me. With 1.372 my
> rig locked up from time to time, but 2.056 is rock solid. Since I'm a
> CW op the 2.056 issues often discussed here don't impact me, and I
> have grown accustomed to the minor display oddities (ragged
> justification of certain lines of text, and funny offset in sweep
> display in UCW mode).
>
> Bob NW8L

I'm running 2.056 as well.  I'm a CW only op, and don't do
contesting.  The reality is that the radio is probably more than I
need, but I love the sensitivity and after owning several TenTec
radios (C21, Argosy II, Corsair II, Argonaut 5 and Jupiter) , as well
as a couple of Icom and Yaesu radios, I knew I wanted another
TenTec.  Truth be told, I think for a general get on the air radio, I
like the corsair II best - mostly for its simplicity and great
receive.  But I do love my Orion, particularly when working those
borderline QRP radios.  Diversity reception is amazing.
----
Tod Glenn
N7JQW
SKCC #1444