TenTec

[TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] triton 540 reversed polarity
From: "Louis A. Ciotti Jr." <lciotti@twcny.rr.com>
Date: 06 Aug 2007 14:31:00 -0400
I am tring to get my grandfathers old tentec triton 540 up and running.  I had
to order a replacement power cord from the power supply to the radio from
tentec... Well it came through with the polarity reversed, now the receiver
barely picks up anything.  If I turn the volume up all the way I can hear
static but it is very quiet, and the 25kHz calibrator does not work any more.
Prior to getting the replacement cord I had it sort of working with a homemade
cord.  Any thought on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks