TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Tuner Questions

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner Questions
From: "denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:50:35 -0800
I have used all of the below....ant hr es 235 ft horizontal loop up about 30
ft fed with 600 ohm homebrew feeders and either direct twin lead feed to
tuner or to balun and then coax to tuner.

238 A-C, and earlier kit 2 kw tuner...all very good but very touch to tune
on 10 meters and the internal balun is kinda flakey (my opinion).

Palstar AT2K, AT2KD very nice to use...AT2KD is the easiest to use of the
bunch.

Palstar 1500A balanced tuner for balance line...works pretty good but I have
some reservations about the symmetry of the component layout.

Best bang for the buck...Johnson Matchbox for balanced line.

What I currently use.....PA0LL LL-Tuner for balanced line (very spendy)

In the basement...TT 238A, assorted Johnson matchboxes, baluns, etc...just
for tinkering.

All based on 30 some plus years of hamming.