TenTec

[TenTec] Omni VI mics/VOX, etc.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI mics/VOX, etc.
From: k8mn@clinet.fi (Dave Heil)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:07:42 +0100
I've used the HC-5 element with both the Heil BM-10 and now the Pro Set.
I find it to be less restricted sounding and shrill than the HC-4.  I
constantly receive good comments on my audio even when running the Omni
VI's built-in processor.

The HC-5 works pretty well with VOX but, for me, the real answer is the
use of a foot switch plugged in to the rig's PTT.  The Heil footswitch
is OK but I prefer a heavy duty footswitch made by Linemaster.  Most
industrial electronic distributors carry them.

73,

Dave Heil OH2/K8MN
downtown Helsinki