TenTec

[TenTec] Omni C no longer for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C no longer for sale
From: hmmjr@erols.com (H. M. 'Puck' Motley W4PM)
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 16:53:02 -0700
Boy this must be an ultra conservative bunch that would rather have an
old Omni C over an Omni 6.  I traded my Omni C on a Paragon back in 1992
and would do it again in a heartbeat.  Since the Omni Six is a better rig
than a Paragon I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't swap a C for a six!??

I wouldn't go back to using an Omni C with it's 17 Khz per dial
revolution tuning, single VFO, lack of pass band tuning, band switch to
get dirty and wear out - just to mention a few things.  The Omni C is a
nice backup or second rig but it doesn't stack up in features or
convenience to the current state of the art radios.

A model T Ford was a great car in it's day, but I wouldn't want to drive
very far on the interstate in one today!

73,
Puck, W4PM