TenTec

[TenTec] REF: Electric fence noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] REF: Electric fence noise
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:47:47 -0400
I had a problem about three years ago with an electric fence about two
blocks from my home. I didn't know what it was, but a kind gentleman
from the local electric company (Scott Lawrence, AA4LY, now K4SL) came
by and helped me locate it. Turns out it was an "antique" electric
fence charger that used a pendulumn (sp?) that struck an arc at the
bottom of it's travel. Every time it arced, the obvious happened. I
offered to purchase the "interloper" a new electronic fence charger,
which he accepted, and never had a problem after that. 73, -Web