TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Overcoming shake and vision issues (was Off subject, but ne

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Overcoming shake and vision issues (was Off subject, but need some help.)
From: "Kris Merschrod" <Kris@merschrod.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:33:23 -0400
IMHO  this subject is not "off."  I'd guess that if we all "hang in there"
until we can't tap a key or hang onto a MIC, then we are all going to need
some assistance with this delicate work.

My favorite assist is one of those Dazor, pedestal-based lighted, giant
magnifying glass.  It puts the light right on the work and not in your eyes,
and it must be a 10X enlargement.

Yes, steady the hands on the edge of the bench.

Also, make sure that you can "sit down on the job." There is nothing worse
than kneeling or standing when doing delicate work.

Use a "third hand" to hold the work in place.

"Hats off " to the octagenerians working on surface mounted gizmos.

73,

Kris KM2KM

Merschrod
123 Warren Road