TenTec

[TenTec] 1208 xverter problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1208 xverter problems
From: lwillis@tiny.net (Loren Willis)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:42:20 +0100
Anyone have any troubleshooting tips on the 20m-6m 1208 transverter?  I
am getting NO transmit from it.  It converts fine on the receive.

Before I stuffed it in the case, I had RF, but now, none, even though I
have removed it from the case again.

Q11 IS isolated from ground.

R61 appears to be biasing correctly, I repeated steps 6-10, and 6-11 and
reset the bias.

I am feeding the radio 5 watts on 20m from my OmniD (modB)

With the test plug at TP1, there is no voltage at TP3 until I key, and
then it goes to 13VDC.

At TP4, there is voltage until I key, at which time it drops to 0.

What voltages might I expect to see from any of the points on Q11, or
q12, or q13?  I admit that I can't really figure that out by looking at
a schematic.

Any suggestions before I pack it up and send it to Tennessee?

Appreciation in advance.

73 de N0VYY
Loren