TenTec

[TenTec] PM-3 Newbie

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PM-3 Newbie
From: gmaier@ultranet.com (George Maier)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:09:17 -0400
Hi all:

Bought my first (but not my last) Ten Tec radio a few weeks ago; a
really clean PM-3.  It seems to have some minor problems, like I hear a
low level frying noise in the earphones even when the volume is at the
lowest setting, probably a bad resistor.  Also, the sensitivity seems a
bit low on both bands.  I'm sure these issues will get sorted out in
time.

Two questions:
1) Are there any mods to be recommended for this rig ??
2) Does anyone have a spare 210 power supply for sale ??

Next step is a new T-Kit power meter... after that who knows.... I just
love this American made stuff.

Best 73

George - K1GXT