TenTec

[TenTec] Computer noise in radio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Computer noise in radio
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:30:18 -0500
I've noticed that cases and motherboards made to meet European standards
are much quieter. Cases should have multiple spring finger cover
contacts and covers for the unused drive holes in order to perform that
well. The European radiated and conducted noise limits are significantly
tougher than FCC standards. I'm now using ASUS mother boards designed in
Germany and they also seem quietor. I may have to replace a few cases
and a motherboard for the ham shack eventually to quiet things down.

73, Jerry, K0CQ