TenTec

[TenTec] Interested in a Model 301 Remote Tuner??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Interested in a Model 301 Remote Tuner??
From: DHHDEH@concentric.net (David H. Hammond)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 19:34:15 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I talked to Scott W4PA at TenTec today while ordering a part and he
casually mentioned that TT is considering adding the Model 301 Remote
Tuner as a new kit to the T-Kit Line. No promises, just considering it.

The Problem: They need sufficient demand to make the new kit viable for
them to produce.

Second Problem:  The encoder unit which is the major part of the unit
has become quite expensive about $50.00 their cost.  So if this flies
it will probably be fairly expensive, not unreasonable but not cheap.

Are you interested?  Based on the WTB's I've seen in the last 2 years
and prices I have seen on other trader reflectors these things go for
crazy money in the used market.

How about contacting Scott via e-mail or telephone and expressing your
committment to buy one of these kits if they proceed.

I've built one homemade and now am lucky enough to have a real one
through the generosity of a friend who sold me his about a year ago.
Prefer the real McCoy. Nothing like TT colors and the emblem to round
out the station.  For you Omni V and VI users its a real treat to
control frequency from you chair. Can't beat the convenience.

So if you are interested in a Model 301 Kit step up and be counted.

Talk to Scott at TT directly.

Another example of how TT and its hams listen and entertain suggestions.

PS: Scott if you decide to  proceed, make the cord longer hihi.

See all of you on the TenTec Users Net this Sunday.  This net is
starting to cook.  Look for Jay's posting later this week on the
reflector for new time and frequency.

73 de N1LQ-Dave