TenTec

[TenTec] 1254 Portable SWL receiver kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1254 Portable SWL receiver kit
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:25:58 -0500
Hi T-T fans,

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the model 1254
receiver kit? I'm itching to build another kit ant this receiver
looks like it might make a nice rugged package for mobile or
portable listening.

I'm no too thrilled with 2.5 kHz steps, but with the clarifier
it might be ok, just a little awkward to tune around in cw and SSB.
Still, it might make a nice toy for experimenting: I can visualize
adding an inboard noise blanker for mobile use, or sharper filters
for SSB/CW.

Any opinions?

                      Bob WB2VUF