TenTec

[TenTec] Ten Tec repair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec repair
From: hmmjr@erols.com (H. M. 'Puck' Motley, Jr. W4PM)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 00:46:53 -0500
Another question while I'm trying to find "stuff" for my "new" OMNI C!
I think I need to send it in to Ten Tec for some minor rehab.  The Noise
Blanker doesn't function, the attenuator doesn't function and a couple
of the mixer band xtals don't work (160 & 29.0).  It appears the board
may have a break in a trace because I can push down on the board and it
works - release pressure and it stops oscillating on those two band
positions.  Anyhow, I don't relish the idea of taking that band switch
(Ocillator-mixer) board out to work on it.  Has anyone sent an old rig
in to the factory lately?  What do they charge for labor these days?  I
imagine it's gone up significantly since I last sent something to them.
Everything else about the rig works great so I don't mind spending some
bucks to get it back in A-1 shape.
73,
Puck  W4PM