TenTec

[TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??
From: k7zum@teleport.com (ken l. knopp)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 06:39:39 -0800
Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales wrote:

> Our Omni-VI Plus owners are the most intelligent, demanding hams
> around.  You have to be a little outside the norm to understand
> what the benefit of owning one of our rigs is in the first place.

 this means that when you have used the best of the rest, and have had
enough of the best of the rest, you go and get a ten-tec ! as it is the
best !

 Our total
> service department time needed for those transceivers is one
> lone technician, who services not only the Omni-VI, but the Omni-V,
> Paragon, Paragon II, and our older obsolete handheld VHF rigs.

and i can say with all honesty, that after dealing with the ten-tec
service department (very few times i might add !) for the last ten
 years, that they have always been "johnny on the spot" always with an
answer, always with a solution to any problems that i might have. And if
i need parts, there at my doorstep in a few days ! but what is even
neater, is that there "lone" tech, (Don Proutty) knows me by voice ! and
i don't call very often ! he always seems to have the time just to chat
a bit ! try that with the ja manufacture's ! the last time i tried to
talk to a tech a knwd, i got laughed at !

no offensive to the ja radios, they are very nice indeed, but after
doing c.q.w.w. 98 phone as fs/k7zum last october with a ja radio,
some how or another, next october when we go to st. martien again, i'am
going to figure out how to take my omni 6 along !! just hope my 13 year
old gets up to contest speed, as he might be the one to be carrying the
omni in his baggage !

vy 73...ken.....k7zum