TenTec

[TenTec] Message from the List Administrator

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Message from the List Administrator
From: jmlowman@ix.netcom.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 17:16:08 -0800
Guys (and gals)--

I've been a member of the Ten-Tec list for some time, even before I was
asked to take over as List Administrator.  During that time, it has been
a pleasure to read this list, due to the value of the information passed
along, and the - usually - high S/N here.

So, I'm going to make a couple of simple requests of everyone at this
point:

First, let's let this thread about bashing Ten-Tec die a merciful death.
For those who want to continue beating this dead horse, please do so in
private e-mail to each other.

Second, if, at any time, anyone perceives a problem with a particular
thread or member, please let me know privately with mail to:

owner-tentec@contesting.com  -or-  jmlowman@ix.netcom.com

Far too often, members simply unsubscribe from the list.  Doing so,
without
stating any reason, prevents attention from being given to the problem,
which may have an easy solution.  I consider everyone on this list to be
a potential resource, and losing one is losing too many.

I dislike any sort of moderation, including having to boot people off
the
list.  I also dislike list cops.  Let's all police ourselves a bit more,
so that these threads don't live on forever.

I will stop short of getting into rules or guidelines at this time,
counting
on the cooperation of all list members.  If things get to that point, it
may
be time to look for someone else to administer this list, especially if
it
becomes necessary to moderate the list; I simply don't have the time.

So...let's get off to a fresh start, and help to get things back to the
usual
fine list that this is.

73 de Jim - AD6CW
Ten-Tec List Administrator