TenTec

[TenTec] Keyer boards/kits

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keyer boards/kits
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:19:59 -0600
Mouser on line says:

> MORSE KEYER CMOS IC'S
>
> 509-8044ABM and 509-8044.
>
> The Mouser stock numbers for these items have been changed.
>
> This is only a stock number change and they are the same product
> from the same supplier we were getting them from before.
>

> 5-1094-4
 But the new part numbers:
> .
>
>  Stock#
>                  Status
>                                             Product Notes
>                                                               Catalog Notes
>  509-8044
>                  New stock number for this product:
>                  5163-8044
>

>  509-8044ABM
>                  New stock number for this product:
>                  5163-8044ABM

don't come up with a search and I don't find them in the latest printed
catalog.

The latest PIC computer based keyers probably are more versatile anyway.

Since I've not become competent with a keyer in the last 43 years, its
unlikely I will in the next 40 years so I guess I'll stick with my
straight key. 25 wpm is fast enough anyway.

73, Jerry, K0CQ