TenTec

[TenTec] Spurious signals in my Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spurious signals in my Corsair II
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:36:11 -0500
I don't do a lot of 10m work, but it seems like all of a
sudden, with the advent of 10m propagation starting to
kick in with the higher sunspot measurements, that I'm
picking up all sorts of spurious signals on my Corsair II
on 10m. I'm picking up what sounds like a commercial
RTTY feed on 28.372.5 and other locations on the band,
a FAX station at 28.505-28.510 (Or thereabouts. That
was last night, and I didn't write down the frequency.). The
RTTY feed seems to be on almost 24 hours a day. Is
anyone else picking this up? Is it possible that there's a
problem with my rig? Or is the Corsair II just so sensitive
that it has a tendency to pick up images better than the
other rigs in my shack? I have an Icom 706MkII and a
Kenwood TS-940 also, and neither of them hears the
signals. I didn't own the Ten Tec during the last sunspot
period, so I don't really know what I should be expecting.
If it needs a ride back to the factory for alignment, then
that's what I'll do. I'm totally pleased with it otherwise,
and it really does function quite well aside from picking up
signals that -shouldn't- be where I'm finding them.

73 all, Happy Valentines Day, -Web