TenTec

[TenTec] Ten Tec Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Pegasus
From: jcox@digitalexp.com (Jim Cox)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:40:08 -0400
My initial impressions of the Pegasus after only a few days of operation
are very
favorable.  The receiver is quiet with beautiful receive audio.  I have
been getting
good reports on receive also.  The noise reduction works great too as
good as
any I have used in the past.  The DSP filtering performs well and the
narrow
filtering such as the 1.8 Khz has fidelity better than any I have heard
without
all the pinched up sound you normall get.  The software is easy to
install and
use.  My impressions so far have met my expectations.
I do wish it had a connector for an external speaker and the software
needs a
few more refinements that I am sure will come along as time goes on.
All in all, I have been pleased.  Jim K4JAF