TenTec

[TenTec] CW Paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW Paddles
From: mitch96@pobox.com (The One and Only!)
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:05:12 -0400

vbbond@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Mitch:
>     Very nice! Wonder what the price range is? Don't you just love well
> machined metal?!

        The Kg2ed "Merc" is $500. that is with your call sign engraved on  the
key.

>      It appears neither KG2ED nor Mr. Hensley, who hand makes the
> Hensley paddle in his shop,

        Rich, kg2ed also has a shop at his house. Recently he has upgraded his
lathe so he can do more precise work. cost him a pile too! His first
attempt at the key got him third place at the ARCI qrp building contest
at Dayton this year. Got beat out by two real slick radios. With some
constructive criticism under his belt from some hi speed cw ops, he went
home and worked on some improvements. Needless to say THAT key is now in
the trash and a "Phoenix" has risen out of the metal filings of his shop
floor. This is commitment. He is also a pretty fair Extra class cw op
himself.

>      I think its great that we have these master machinists competing
> with the larger companies to craft such works of art.
>
>                                         Vince/K7NA

        I don't think a company like Bencher or any other could spend the time
and attention to detail and turn a profit. People are STILL waiting for
their key from this company. Hummmmmmmm.
Later man.
--
72.5, mitch ww4ml
why do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering?