TenTec

[Fwd: [TenTec] Can u assist me?]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TenTec] Can u assist me?]
From: wjones@bellsouth.net (will jones)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:36:45 -0500
--------------582EE35B5B42285040BEE6DA

From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com
To: tentec@contesting.com
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:33:13 -0400
Subject: [TenTec] Can u assist me?
Sender: owner-tentec@contesting.com

Hi Bill:

I seem to be having trouble posting email to the Ten-Tec thread, and was
wondering if you could assist me.

Is there a new address or procedure? Any email I send seems to go out, but I
NEVER get a reply or mailer daemon indicating nondelivery. The message NEVER
appears on the thread mail I get!

Could you kindly cut-and-paste the follwing and post it for me?  Many thanks
in advance!

Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex in Kennebunk, Maine   .-.-.

At this weekend's Rochester (NH) hamfair, I found what appears to be a
spanking new four-pole Ten-Tec IF ladder filter. Can anyone on the thread
please help me identify it?

The glass-epoxy board measures 1-inch x 2-3/8-inches in size. It has four
pins, one at each corner, and four crystals, three of which are not engraved
or stamped with any numbers. One crystal is stamped "8310" on top in black
ink. The two outermost crystals (at the ends of the filter) have blue paint
dots in their sides. The innermost crystals have red paint spots.

The board is etched to accommodate eight crystals, but only has four (the
pads are jumpered). The existing rocks have their cases soldered together.
There is a number 684? etched onto the bottom of the board, but the last
digit is filled with solder and isn't readable (if it is a digit)!

Each input pin is shunted by a 51 pF capacitor to ground. The value of the
caps between the 1st and second xtals, and between the 3rd and 4th is 100 pF
(also to ground). The value of the cap in the "middle" of the ladder is 130
pF.

Does anyone know what the termination impedance is? What the BW is? Where it
was originally used (In a Corsair or an Argonaut 509 perhaps)? What the IF
frequency is?

Thanks! Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex

--------------582EE35B5B42285040BEE6DA--