TenTec

[TenTec] Mic. and speech processor questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mic. and speech processor questions
From: w5yr@swbell.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:07:44 -0500
Caity, please read the email I sent in response to Bill Ames' comments re
speech processing.

I wanted to add that on the processor I describe in that email I have
always operated it on internal batteries in order to avoid any problems
with distortion caused by r-f feedback. My first efforts at processing
with an outboard unit were doomed because I tried to use an external
power supply. It saves a lot of messing about just to run things from
batteries. Typically my processor will run over a year on a single set of
D-cell batteries!

Good luck and keep an eye on your output wattmeter while running the
processor. If you see much more than a four-times increase in average
power, you are probably running too much processing. I also recommend
constant monitoring of the r-f envelope of your transmitter output on a
scope.

72/73, George        AMA 98452          R/C since 1964
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
AutoPOWER Systems, Fairview, TX (30 mi NE Dallas)  Collin County
QRP-L QRP-ARCI FISTS NORCAL ZOMBIE ARS 10-X  33.2 N 96.6 W EM13RE