TenTec

[TenTec] I want a really good receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I want a really good receiver
From: w5yr@swbell.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:34:21 -0500

"Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E." wrote:

> Tentec does need to apply shielding to their radios. I think a good set
> of shields surrounding oscillator, signal, and synthesizer modules would
> do a lot good for making them quieter.

It is interesting to compare photos of the Pegasus and the Kachina in
order to compare the shielding that each manufacturer has built into his
radio.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972