TenTec

[TenTec] external signal source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] external signal source
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 23:29:47 -0400
I'm sure it would be easy to disable the frequency correction, but
the drift would probably be unacceptable. Keep in mind that the
PTO's used in all the other T-T rigs were individually temperature
compensated using selected N750 capacitors. The Scout PTO
probably has little or no temperature compensation, since this is
done by the CPU. At home after warmup it might be OK, but in
a mibile or portable operation with relatively large temperture
swings it would drift like a boat. Best to leave it alone, unless
you want to rig up an external Ten Tec or Drake PTO, or how
about one of those surplus PTO's from an R392?

                73, Bob WB2VUF