TenTec

[TenTec] Omni C help....

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C help....
From: Jerry Kitterman <jerry.kitterman53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:59:45 -0700 (PDT)
I just received a new dc connector for the back of the Omni. Now, just how do I
go about removing the old one and installing the new? The leads are so short
you could never cut them. Can a hot soldering iron heat the tips of the
connector pins and melt the solder that way? Of course I know it would make a
mess of the plastic connector but it's trash anyway. Also, it would be very
hard to cut through the connector since it seems to be pretty tough. Inquiring
minds need to know!!  Tnx/73

Jerry  W9CTB