TenTec

Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 04:06:08 -0700 (PDT)
I agree RIP.  Neutral was disconnected only on the station power outlet.

Your tower ground needs to be attached to the electrical ground in accordance
with NFPA Standards.  Ground rods every 8 feet and the sort.  I live in the
city and had to comply.

You cannot make a choke out of the connecting ground wire to stop the flow of
RF from the station ground to the electrical ground according to NFPA.  What I
did do was to slip some ferrite beads over the wire on the electrical ground
wire just next to the station ground connection.  At the station ground
connection, at the ground rod I did not detect any RF.  Along the station
ground wire there was.

Before I had slipped on the beads, there was RF detected at the station ground
rod.  So it does work.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD