TenTec

[TenTec] Passband/ Omni 6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Passband/ Omni 6+
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:52:52 -0700
I've followed this discussion a bit over the last couple of days.
Several times I've turn around and listened to my Omni VI+ with both the
normal filters and with the 1.8KHz filters in the 9 MHz and 6.3 MHz
IF's.  Since my radio was at Tentec a couple of months ago, a complete
(I presume) alignment was done.  At this time, I don't really observe
any difference in symmetry between LSB and USB.  Either I've gotten a
great set of filters by accident or a great alignment job which took
into account minor differences in filters.  I suspect that a "black and
white alignment by the book" may not produce the best results with every
filter combination and deviation.

Just a thought.

73
Bob K4TAX