TenTec

[TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:01:34 -0600
Roy, I don't know what you are looking at, but when I look on a scope at
the output r-f envelope of my PRO sending continuous dots, I see textbook
perfect dots and spaces of equal lengths.

Not saying TT gear is not great, but the PRO is not bad either. I work full
QSK at all times on CW and have never had a comment on shortened first dits
nor have I ever been able to see one of the scope.

Remember that in the PRO and PRO II, the keying is controlled, in fact
actually generated, digitally, so there is no practical reason for the
element lengths and time relationships not being very nearly perfect.

Just a couple of cents from a very satisfied and old-time CW brasspounder.

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002