TenTec

[TenTec] RE: More About Clix

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: More About Clix
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:47:20 -0600
Paul, I use MixW for most digital modes and SpectroGram for general
spectral estimation. I have found that I can readily see a 10 Hz change in
frequency on the waterfall under steady state conditions. When I get out to
the shack tonight, I try to do a rapid 10 Hz up and back down change and
see what shows up.

One critical factor to all this, of course, in addition to the soundcard
sampling rate is the waterfall speed. I speed up the normal MixW waterfall
by a factor of eight, and it is surprising how much more detail you can see
in a PSK31 signal. Virtually every keystroke from a slow enough operator
can be viewed.

So, the microchirp detection by waterfall should use the highest possible
sampling rate and the highest possible waterfall speed. I'll try all that
tonight and let you know how it works out here. YMMV . . .

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002