TenTec

[TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 05:32:23 -0500
> Scrap the test equipment. Just listen to yoursef in another receiver
> as you switch the Pro between QSK and Semi bk in. If your dits sound
> shorter in QSK mode then it's truncating. My IC-706 chops dits to
> death in QSK mode but sounds excellent in semi mode.

Hi Steve,

Respectfully, that is why we should look at it with a scope. The IC-
706 (and the 775DSP I had) does not just truncate dits, it truncates
the leading edge of EVERY element, both dots and dashes, by the
same amount of time.

We *notice* the dots because they are shorter than the dashes, so
any shortening stands out more.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com