TenTec

[TenTec] Pegasus Filtering

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Filtering
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:18:52 -0600
John, I was unaware that the Pegasus used any user-installable conventional
crystal filters in the 455 KHz IF chain. There is a fixed bandwidth crystal
or ceramic "roofing filter" there, but it is much wider than 300 Hz and
changing it should have little or no effect upon the final IF bandpass in
the DSP section.

When you say that you measured the bandwidth of "my 300 Hz filter" is that
measurement based upon the DSP filter selection of "300 Hz?"

If the -6 db points of the 300 Hz DSP filter are such that the bandwidth is
800-1000 Hz, then it sounds to me that something is drastically wrong with
your radio.

Sorry for any confusion, but this one has me stumped . . .

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002