TenTec

[TenTec] Paddle connector / speaker connector

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paddle connector / speaker connector
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 1 20:07:58 2003

> I need to wire my Brown Brothers paddle in advance of the arrival of
> my Orion.   Could someone tell me the dit-dah wiring of the
> tip/ring/sleeve (I'm assuming it's a 1/8" stereo plug?).

It's a 1/8" plug on the back, and a 1/4" plug on the front.  Tip - dot,
ring - dash, sleeve - common.

> Are there 2 headphone jacks on the front panel or is one for the
> paddle?

1 phone, 1 key.  The phones MUST be stereo.

> Can you run a pair of speakers in stereo to take advantage of  the
> stereo CW system?

Speaker connection is a standard 1/4" mono plug on the back of the
radio.

The entire operations manual is now posted on the TenTec website
at
http://www.tentec.com/565_manual.pdf

Grant