TenTec

[TenTec] Scout PTO question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout PTO question
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Tue Aug 19 23:19:14 2003
Yes, this is normal because it uses a spring riding on a shaft to
maintain tension on the coil slug. At one end of the tuning range the
spring is compressed. The Scout PTO mechanism looks like a miniature
version of the bigger PTO's. The spring tension is set by 3 nylon
spacers on the brass spring shaft. Removing one spacer will reduce the
spring tension, but may also make the tuning sloppy, so I never tried
that. If you try removing spacers, let me know how it works. Light
grease on the PTO lead screw may also reduce the stiffness.

                        73,
                         Bob WB2VUF