TenTec

[TenTec] Scout PTO question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout PTO question
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Tue Aug 19 23:19:19 2003
It requires patience.

First remove the top and bottom covers.
Remove the knobs.
With needle nose pliers remove the nuts and washers from the control
shafts. Remove the 4 screws from the sides of the cover and gently pull
the front panel forward slightly.

Now unscrew and remove the assembly on the topside of the chassis. This
assembly has the speaker, display and processor board attached to it.
Swing it up and out of the way. Its a little difficult getting the
display to clear the front panel.

The PTO is mounted with 4 screws: two in the chassis side panel and two
on the top. There are 2 cables coming from the PTO. Unplug them and the
PTO will come out.

There is a grounding spring contact that slides on a brass shaft to keep
the coil slug grounded. Clean the shaft. I've tried treating the shaft
and spring with deoxit, others have used an electrically conductive
grease. I don't know which is better. Anyone have any data on this?

                73,

                Bob WB2VUF