TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Solid State Amps

To: Rick@dj0ip.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Solid State Amps
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:43:04 -1000

Over here in Europe we have similar rules regarding not being
allowed to sell certain amps, but hams may buy anything anywhere
in the world and run it as long as they ascertain it meet the
rules & regs as far as harmonic suppression and maximum
distortion, etc.

Here in the USA it is not necessary to have an Amateur Radio License (or any other kind) to buy any radio transmitting equipment. And there is no legal requirement (that I know of) that the seller even tell the buyer that a license is required in order to transmit. CBers have no license that can be revoked if they get caught operating illegally. Hams have to deal with the stupid amplifier rules that don't bother the outlaws a bit.

DE N6KB