TenTec

[TenTec] Hi/Low cut -- missing the obvious

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Hi/Low cut -- missing the obvious
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:33:41 -0600
It's pretty easy to miss the obvious.  Well it iwas for me anyway.
YMMV.

Set up the radio for LSB with a 2-3 Khz bandwidth.  Then use PBT
to shift the passband to 1Khz or something.

Now with Low cut, both the display and the numeric values for
bandwidth and PBT show the result that would be expected .. the
low end of the passband slides up, while the high end stays put.

For high cut (and I missed this obvious point because I didn't have
passband shifted), the high end of the passband slides down while
the low end stays put.  However, the numeric value of PBT in the
display does not change, and should -- which was what I think Scott
indicated needs to be fixed.

And this was what led me, anyway, to believe that Hi cut was just
equivalent to BW, which it clearly is not.  Hi cut does indeed change
both BW and PBT simultaneously, although it is not properly
reflected in the PBT numeric value.

Grant/NQ5T