TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:29:59 EDT

My biggest problem is that on ver 2.XX I have a real problem with the audio
on the monitor, it is real scratchy and staticey on the orion (origonal ver)
and  both of 2.xx versions, I have had problems on the SSB on all bands when
using  the monitor function , any thing below 2 and I can't hear it well, ( BAD
EARS)  and any thing over 2 it gives the horrible scratchy noise.

on the other hand I used 1.372 and everything works well, although the NB  is
not very effective in thei version.

But all that said it is still the best hf rig I own.  thanks for a  great
radio.

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 7/6/2006 12:17:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sales@tentec.com writes:

Ron:

We're aware of the concerns about firmware.  We  discuss these items
often - it was the first topic of conversation when I  came in to work
this morning.   The only specific comment I'd  make now on the 4 items
below is that #4 is the design of the Orion and  Orion II - the receivers
are not phase-locked together.  There is no  firmware change available to
alter this.

Rob Sherwood has been  talking back and forth with us often about the
direction of the Orion and  we provided some alternate beta firmware for
him to use per his  suggestions.

Scott Robbins
W4PA