TenTec

[TenTec] D-104 Modifications

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] D-104 Modifications
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 11:08:31 -0500
Oh, I can remember days when you HAD to have a CB license, I was so proud
when my dad finally got all the answers filled out to the FCCs
satisfaction, and KDL-3120 came on the air.. Then I went to boy scout camp
and spotted a bunch of vertical and dipole antennae coming from a large
tent out in the middle of nowhere.. When I announced myself as a CBer I was
almost laughed out of the tent.. I was pretty upset until I heard my first
ZR call and realized they were not talking to someone down the road a few
miles.. Needless to say, I was hooked.. But all during the CB days the D104
connected to the Eagle series radios (the ones that pinged at key-up) with
a 100 watt amp were the kings of the hill, until the FCC caught them..
heheheheh...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>