TenTec

[TenTec] RE: Darn this interface!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Darn this interface!
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 22:15:27 -0500
I will tell you that setting the freq via the interface acts very strange.
I get it to work, and it reports a very invalid frequency when it returns.
The front panel of the Omni looks fine, but it is reporting a freq with all
sorts of hex characters in it.. If I send the request in again, 2nd,
3rd,4th.....'n'th  times all works fine... Go figure.....

At 10:09 PM 10/4/99 , you wrote:
Hi Robert,

I think confusion IS the name of the game here  ;-)

Yep, TenTec says controlling N1 is not supported on
the interface but WriteLog software consistently
resets the darn thing everytime it sets the transceive
frequency via the interface.  Not a lot of fun in a
contest where you want to keep N-1 set.  Well if no
one can tell me the relationship between the interface
and N-1, then I'll just swap my filters around and
stick the least used filter in N-1.

GL & 73,
Barry  N1EU

=====