TenTec

[TenTec] rig recommendations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] rig recommendations
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:12:01 -0500
My very first 'real' HF rig was an Omni D Series C... Loved that rig.. Then
one day I decided that email was more fun, and, living in the suburbs made
a big antenna all but impossible. Up and sold it for $300 and an Apple
computer.... That was MANY MANY years ago... Two years ago I bought a farm
house on 10 acres, and along with it came a 75' tower with a HyGain TH6-DXX
Super Thunderbird on top.. I found this reflector, and shopped for a new
rig. Now many years wiser (hahah!) my new Omni VI+ sits here hissing at me
to get off the EMAIL and come play with CW on 40.. It is wonderful! A lot
of the old Omni D line still shows through... As for the Argosy, can't
really say, never owned one, however, I am sure with the TT logo on the
front it has got to be a blast to use too...