TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: "george" <goofyham@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 07:02:55 -0400
Dr. Johnson;
I guess we agree to disagree on computer logging.
I use DX4WIN as my computer logging software application.
I print out my log once a month going forward, minimal loss here if computer
crashes. I also back up my log in 4 different hardware devices. In addition,
I upload my contacts to LOTW (ARRL log book of the world). If my computer
crashes I can down load all my QSO's from LOTW. I also send my log to a
local ham friend via EMAIL attachment. He does the same with his log sending
it to me.
I'd say that's enough backup to satisfy anyone.
Oh, may I say that I stored all my old log books from the 50's and 60's in
the basement. Had a basement flood in late 60's that ruined all the old log
books. Of course there was no computer logging then but it would have been
nice if there was.
Computer logging, I wouldn't be without it.
George W2YJ