TenTec

Re: [TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:53:14 -0500
I'm using N4PY's software in conjunction for DX4WIN. Since I was already set up to use the DX4WIN keyboard for CW, I've continued using it. It has performed flawlessly without any problems such as those described for the N4PY keyboard routine. I originally was using W98 on a 450 MHz machine, but now have upgraded to XP at 2.2 GHz (really 1.8). The one time I tried the N4PY keyboard was when I first was learning the software, and I did indeed observe fits and starts in the CW timing.

73, Joe

Steve N4LQ wrote:

Interesting contrast. My readout follows the mouse instantly but the cw keyboard keying is horrible. N4PY says it's an XP issue. I wonder if Win98 would work better overall? If so, I could press my old laptop into service just for this job.

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vince Santis" <vsantis@earthlink.net>