TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:28:06 -0500
Jeff Frank wrote:

All you guys who report about the great audio reports you receive on ssb
with the Omni 6 series please tell me what microphones or microphone hook
ups you are using. I recently purchased an Omni 6 and used it in the ssb
sweepstakes but wasn't getting the answers I usually do with my FT-1000 at
the same power level. What mic arrangements would give me the most
penetrating audio, as I like to chase dx and operate ssb contests.
Jeff (KX2P)

Get the $30 hand mike, model 700. Works great. 706 is nice too.